We understand that every person is an individual and has unique needs and aspirations. We also know the word ‘disability’ doesn’t always fit.
Disability Employment Services (DES) is an initiative created and named by the Australian Government. DES works to support people with injury, illness or disability to find and keep a job that suits their abilities.
DES providers like Jobfind can help to:
- Identify your strengths and capabilities in relation to finding and keeping a job.
- Provide support to manage health difficulties.
- Provide training, support or items needed to join a workplace.
Most importantly, Jobfind’s DES program involves working with employers to create roles that support people with disability and/or allocate additional support to jobseekers as they integrate into a new role, ensuring they’re setup for the same kind of success as any other new employee.
We are committed to delivering tailored and individualised employment solutions to meet ALL our client needs. Within the DES network, we work closely with jobseekers to find suitable and sustainable employment to help build a better life and a brighter future. Through focusing on your skills, we will build a support network around you so that you are confident in finding and maintaining employment.
Unsure if DES is the right fit for you?
Here’s what we believe and how we work:
- Anxiety, depression or any other mental health condition should not be a barrier to finding fulfilling employment that values the skills and contribution you can bring to a role
- Ongoing assistance and support are important when you have an ongoing health issue, injury, or illness.
- Work can be part-time or full-time or adaptable to the hours you are able to work.
- People with a health issue, illness, or injury can receive extra training and support to find the right role to suit their abilities.
Finding the right job can be a team effort. We work with employers who build inclusive workplaces to promote employment and advancement for people living with a health issue, injury, or illness. These employers also understand that having a health condition sometimes requires extra support.
If you’d like to know more about DES, please complete the online form via the link below and we’ll be in touch.