To tie in with Victorian Youth Week Raf Matta, Jobfind Youth Engagement Coach, and Kathy Bakopoulos, Careers Development Consultant from Mas Experience, hosted a Youth Career Session for our Richmond office youth job seekers.
They supported job seekers on their career journey by offering advice on:
- Resume, cover letter and application
- Job interview tips
- Giving accurate industry career advice
- Support in identifying skill gaps and how to overcome them
- Information and support with employment strategies
- Letting job seekers know when they come across employment opportunities in areas that interest them
They also provided access to an online jobs board for those interested in taking up an apprenticeship or traineeship pathway.
There were 14 attendees, and the session was a great success. Further sessions will be rolled out regularly at Richmond and Airport West locations with MAS National and in the Melbourne CBD with partners MEGT.
Raf says it’s important to nurture young people’s talents, achievements, and contributions.
“Youth need more help than ever before. Youth unemployment is on the rise, and it’s our job to reach out and help young people with education, training, and employment. Youth are our future leaders and the leaders of tomorrow.”